Pulse Top 10 iPad Music Game: 12 weeks and counting!

It seems like only yesterday (hah!) that Pulse: Volume One released on the iTunes App Store.  Now 12 weeks later, it’s still rocking the App Store’s top 10 list for iPad music games!

To celebrate, and bring even more players to the party, we’re running a limited time sale beginning now.  If you’ve got an iPad and haven’t tried Pulse yet, now’s the time.  We’ve reduced the price to $1.99 (60% savings over the regular $4.99 price) now through next Wednesday this Friday.  You can get it here: http://itunes.apple.com/app/pulse-volume-one/id432667443

Those of you already playing Pulse and waiting for the next update, rest assured, it’s on its way.  As Kerry mentioned in our last post, an IndieCade contest requirement has thrown a wrinkle into our updating plans.  That said, we’re getting the content all ready and will be pulling the trigger as soon as all’s clear with IndieCade.  This should all be happening later this month.

And, if you’re a current Pulse owner and fan, tell your friends that now’s the time to check it out at a great discount!

Update:

Thanks to the phenomenal response, we’ve extended the sale through Friday, August 12th!

1. Ryan says:

Is there any hope of Pulse being released for Android at some point? I know I would be interested if that were the case

@Ryan
    Absolutely! We’re still very excited about getting Pulse on Android. The Fractal port has taken much most of our attention, but our time has just opened up again. Android play time!

3. Karen says:

Will, that’s excellent news! I played Pulse on a friend’s iPad a month or so back and have been eagerly awaiting an android release since I got my tablet!

4. Duke says:

Whatever you do,do not forget your password since Cipherprime wont work with you for new one and reset link on their page wont work.

5. dain
    dain says:

@Duke So sorry about your password troubles! Occasionally, support emails slip through our process, so I’m really sorry we didn’t get back to you sooner. We’ve sent you a link to reset your password through store.cipherprime.com; please don’t hesitate to contact us if you run into any other issues.

6. Dan says:

Indicade finalists will be contacted by August 15, so will we see new levels in 4 days (+ any app store submission delay)?

@Dan

We’re still a bit unsure about that date. We’re working off the original timeline from Indiecade that states August 30th. This will be a pretty large content update and also address a lot of performance and timing issues happening for some people.

8. Kevin says:

I came here to ask the same thing as Christy: Are there any plans to release pulse on PC?

I understand it was probably developed with a touchscreen in mind, but as someone who doesn’t own a smartphone (and prefers to play games on PC anyway), I’ve always been sorta dissapointed that I had to miss out on this game entirely.

9. onetom says:

hint: make a thai version of the game and u conquer a substantial market segment.
    it would also make thai music more well known around the world.

when is volume two out? 🙂

for those who want pc version, can u please share your vision on how would it work with a mouse? i don’t think i would be anywhere near experience u can get with a touch screen. it would be a different game and probably keyboard based.

10. christy says:

I use a trackball with my right hand and laptop mousekeys with my left hand. The free movement of the ball allows a great experience with most games.

An allowance someday for an iPad? but then I probably won’t get a service fee allowance. bummer 🙂 and so the world turns outside my little cave…

11. Dan says:

Just found the Indiecade 2011 Awards Page on Google (www.indiecade.com/index.php/2010/2011_E3/) – can’t see Pulse listed at all – bummer. Still, there’s the 1st annual Philly Geek Awards to go, so wishing you luck with that one.

I’m hoping that the Philly Geek awards won’t also require Pulse to remain unchanged… or do they? If not, are bugfixes only an Apple review away? [ can you tell I can’t wait? 🙂 ]

1. […] Prime, the makers of the hit iPad game Pulse, have reason to celebrate. Their title has been sitting in the App Store’s top 10 list for iPad music games for 12 straight weeks. That’s a serious accomplishment for the mini indie game dev studio, located here in Old […]