Fractal Demo is Live! Preorder Today!

We’re pleased - stoked, even – to announce that after 15 long months, Fractal is (very nearly) done! Head on over to www.playfractal.com THIS VERY INSTANT to play the demo and log a high score!

To celebrate, we’re accepting pre-orders! Fractal will list for $14.99 (a dollar for every month of development), but from now until May 20th, you’ll be able to pick it up for $9.99 – $5 bucks off, or a 33% savings! Some things you might want to know about Fractal:

• It’s Not Bejeweled. Do you like to think? Miss “easy to learn, hard to master” gameplay? Then buddy, do we have the game for you! Fractal is powered by a simple mechanic that fuels complex emergent patterns.
  • It’s Big. We’ve designed a deep game that tickles every part of your brain. Fractal has Campaign Mode for progress junkies, Puzzle Mode for Rubik’s Cube enthusiasts, and Arcade Mode for the ADD – prepare for hours of work-destroying gameplay!
  • It’s Downloadable. That’s right! Fractal is PC/Mac compatible, and you’ll be able to download both versions with your purchase.
  • It’s Coming Soon. Fractal will ship in late May, so pre-order now to get your best savings!
We absolutely have to thank each and every one of you – your support for Auditorium, kind words, and friendly reminders that we haven’t updated in a while remind us that we have people out there that care what we do. As always, questions and comments are welcome and encouraged.
We hope you enjoy Fractal!
  1. Simon says:

Good lord. I didn’t know what to expect at first– the trailer didn’t impress me whatsoever– But that was incredible! Good job, guys! Shame I don’t have any money right now.

BTW, the volume sliders both glitch. If you grab them by the handles they won’t stop following the mouse.

2. Daniel says:

It’s great. I learn to play in seconds.
    But I found one bug. When I try to change the volume, both volume bars attach to my cursor and don’t left. Maybe a MouseEvent not listened.
    I use the Flash Player 10.0.45.2 debug version, maybe in the standard version the bug don’t appear.
    Well, everything else is great.
    Sorry my bad english.

3. Frank says:

I just pre-ordered :) Great the game will be downloadable! That the one thing I still miss in Auditorium, I don’t have (fast) internet all the time…

4. Brian says:

Yup have pre-ordered. Glad it’s a download. The web-only aspect was the sole reason I didn’t buy Auditorium.

5. Anda says:

I loved the demo, way better than the teaser.

There are some gameplay issues I would like to address:
    1) I feel like the combos aren’t rewarded enough. I did a 4 chain of big blooms and the bar filled just a little bit.

2) I like the banner that rewards my blooms, but sometimes I feel like it’s obstructing the game screen too much. It doesn’t bother me that much though. Maybe an option for its positioning would be better.

3) This may be just me, but sometimes I feel like I am rewarded more for random clicking than planned clicking (again, this one may be just my sole impression)

Overall I really like it and I think I’ll preorder or buy this on too :)

6. Dex says:

The gameplay is brilliant but i’m not sure about the theme.

It seems like you’re trying too hard to force it into being sort of “cheeky” i suppose, with doodles everywhere, the slanted bold writing and the drum based music.

Take away all of the decoration though and it seems to me much more of a “Zen” game. It’s relaxing, and it already seems somewhat floral.
    I think it’d be a lot better if you built on that aspect instead, giving it relaxing music and a calmer interface without the big bold text.

If auditorium is anything to go by relaxing games are what you’re best at anyway!

7. Kai says:

Doesn´t work ?
    Waiting and Waiting and only “Loading” with all Dots black on the screen?
    (Firefox and IE. Intel Core 2 CPU 2x2Ghz with 2GB Ram using XP)

@kai
    maybe you should try clearing you cache and stuff
    also maybe you just have insanely slow internet
    good thing it’s going to be downloadable

9. Eric says:

I like the game and am considering buying it. I agree with the comments about Auditorium: I would have bought it as a download but my netbook is rarely online.

I hope there is a Fractal demo download so I can see if it will play well on my netbook, which has a 1.2 GHz single core CPU. Is the online version a reliable test of how the downloaded version will work on my machine?

10. David says:

I loved playing Auditorium (got it on iPod Touch), and Fractal was even more fun! It’s annoying that you don’t have a UK available pre-order or otherwise I would get it now! Is there going to be a way for us British to get it without converting into dollars?

11. Lucas says:

Doesn’t work for me either. Firefox 3.6.3, any mouse movement onto/off of the flash window causes the game to reload, and Firefox hangs while it’s thinking. If I DO manage to get a game going, it automatically launches into fullscreen mode with the message, “Press Esc to exit full screen mode”. Doing so causes the game to reset again.

Before you say anything, yes, I already updated Firefox, cleared my cache, and updated Flash.

Nice demo, would’ve been nicer if it had worked.

Keep those bug reports coming. We’ve fixed a majority of the concerns. Please let us know if you are using 64bit processors before listing an issue. A lot of those issues are on Adobe’s side of life and there is not much we can do about it.

13. dain
    dain says:

@Lucas

Try the demo again! I think we’ve fixed the “reloading on mouse off” issue.

@David
    You should be able to purchase using the credit card form or through PayPal, and the currency conversion will be taken care of silently. Let me know if there are other specific issues with that process.

@Eric
    Fractal’s performance as a downloadable should far surpass it’s in-browser performance, and we’re working to make it play as smoothly as possible on netbooks.

Thanks for your comments and support, and again, “if you see something, say something!” — your comments will help us ship a better product.

14. Stardawn says:

I really enjoyed the demo and preordered.
    Will there be a complete “rules of the game” included in the full version ? At the moment, some of the mechanisms seem a bit obscure : how score is calculated, how new tiles are created after a bloom, etc.

15. Immano says:

Guys, great to have Fractal imminent!
    Couple of questions that popped today trying to preorder it:

1) is the Cipher Prime store account separate from the Auditorium account?
    2) Will the Fractal account be separate from the Auditorium account?
    3) What comes from signing in on the Cipher Prime store?

@Stardawn
    We can work up a strategy guide and stuff if you guys think it’s a good idea!

@Immano

1) Right now, the CP Store and Auditorium accounts are separate. However, we will be folding those accounts together after the launch. We haven’t done it yet since it’s a large process and are just keeping our eye on the launch right now.
    2) There is no Fractal account. It will be CP store accounts from now on. You will be able to download Fractal from the store once we launch.
    3) The store will help you track all digital merchandise and also makes you eligible for future store deals we run. Mainly though, the account is just so you can always come back to download your games again.

1. [...] is completely open to suggestions so feel free to be vocal. You can reach them on their blog at: http://blog.cipherprime.com/?p=530 VN:R_U [1.9.1_1087]Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)VN:F [1.9.1_1087]Rating: 0 (from 0 [...]

2. [...] is completely open to suggestions so feel free to be vocal. You can reach them on their blog at: http://blog.cipherprime.com/?p=530 VN:R_U [1.9.1_1087]Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)VN:F [1.9.1_1087]Rating: 0 (from 0 [...]

3. [...] So, by the team’s own admission, it’s been in development for some time now, but it looks like the wait has been worthwhile.  The team over at Cipher Prime announced a couple of days ago that pre-orders are now available for their new puzzle game Fractal. [...]