First, Will and Dain talk about where we are with Duet:
Second, the takeaway:
- Duet production is in full throttle. We’re partway through several weeks of prototyping. We have a rough recreation of the original game in Unity, and are deciding how to build on that.
- Our estimate of six months to a year (September 2013 to March 2014) still stands, we’ve just gotten off to a late start.
- Sorry for the delay! Splice was unexpectedly successful for us, and ports, bundles, and showcasing took up a huge chunk of our time this past year. We ended up with some great business opportunities we just couldn’t pass up.
- Sorry for the delay, again! We wanted to smooth out all the kinks of having a bigger team, so we focused on two pre-production projects for several months (news on those later). We’re better developers and a better team thanks to the work.
- Dev note access is live, backer tiers with dev note access will receive a message with more info. Physical rewards are getting mailed out, and/or created, and/or double-checked against the naughty/nice list. (We’re watching!)
P.S.: The song in the video is part of the second movement of Dain’s magnum opus, “La Ballade de la Chatte Grincheuse” (The Ballad of Grumpy Cat).