2BeeGames Winner!

To paraphrase Psychotronic:

AAAAAA I CAN’T HIDE IT ANY LONGER! WE WON WE WON WE WON AAAAAAAA HOLY MACARONI AAAAAAAAAA KERMIT ARMS AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Wow! I’m thrilled to announce that Auditorium has won the 2BeeGames Indie Game Competition! Thanks so much to everyone that voted for us — we definitely could not have done it without you. There were so many good games in the competition; personally, I’m a big fan of Storm. Coded in just two weeks (!), I’d love to see what it could do with more time and funding, so I’m keeping an eye out. I also thought Bucaneer Battle was a lot of fun — great manic brawler.

Congrats to Terence Lee, Edouard Mercure, and Dream Builder Studios! We’re absolutely thrilled to have been in such a great competition with you guys.

And once again, to everyone that voted, everyone that reads the blog, and everyone that supports us — we 100% could not have done this without you! You’re the best fans in the world.

Okay, I’d seriously better stop before I go into a tearful “I’d like to thank the academy…”. If you’re Stateside, have a great 4th of July Weekend!

1. William says:

Well done! You seriously deserved it! Storm was good too but I knew from the start this was gonna win 😛 . Seriously got 2 see this on PSN!

2. Imaria says:

I knew you’d win; this game was made to see consoles. Personally, I think it’d do well on ALL the consoles (PSN/XBLA/WiiWare) but no matter what, I’ll do what I can to pick a copy up. This makes me really glad to have tossed some cash your way all that time ago. Now I just wish I’d bought stocks or something ;]

3. Richard says:

Hi, say could you port it to the iPhone? I’d sooo love it 😀 (partly because I don’t have any of the other platforms, but anyway 🙂 ) PLEASEEE 🙂

Great Game and congrats 😀

4. Jean-Marc says:

Congratulation guys!!!!

You totally deserved it… its been a while since I had seen a game as nicely done and challenging at this one… 🙂

Jean-Marc

5. Kroolik says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
    You’ve deserved it so much! I voted for you, although Storm seems promising also 😉
    Hope to see Auditorium even better now – TAKE CARE!!!
    Julia (from Warsaw, Poland)

6. Jenn says:

Guys, of course you won. Auditorium is THE most unique game out there…period. Now, how about iphone apps? Love love love your creation. Thanks again.

Jenn

7. Aaron Mori says:

Congratulations you guys. I’m really happy for you! I’m look forward to seeing where this takes you next.

8. Tashiro says:

Congratulations on the win. I really think you deserve it. 🙂 Auditorium has everything I love in an online game, and nothing that I hate. 🙂

9. Yes49445 says:

Of course you guys won. Now we all get to say we played the game way back when… lol
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

10. SuperMoose says:

I told hundreds of people I know to go vote for you guys, and in doing so showed a ton of people the addictive awesomeness of your game. They’ve all been playing it a lot since then.

You guys earned it, it’s a wonderful game. 😀 Keep up the fantastic work,
    –TFK

11. Green_My_Eyes says:

Fantastic! Couldn’t happen to a nicer game!

If you have any say in what game console this will be ported to, I hope you’ll consider the Wii for one special reason: Wiis are very popular in senior citizen communities. Wii bowling (we form leagues!) is the most popular, but I think many of us old folks would love Auditorium.
    We can’t enjoy games that require speed and excellent hand-eye coordination, but Auditorium would be perfect — mental stimulation and beauty can’t be beat!

Regards,
    GME

I agree with GME. People of all ages would enjoy auditorium and the wii would be the best platform for this kind of game. Unfortunately the wii isn’t HD so the game wouldn’t look as well as it would on PSN or XBLA. Bringing the game to Steam is a good idea as well.

13. Simon says:

Sweet! You won! I hope to see this game out soon. Maybe on the DS. Anyroad, Congratulations guys!

Also, Storm is a bad game, didn’t support my system!

14. Martin says:

WOW!!! I’m truly glad this happened and that you got the award… I voted as many times as I could ’cause it was really obvious how much heart and effort you put into your game… Very well deserved and I can’t wait to play some more… Congratulations!!!!

15. Aki says:

Congrats! You guys really deserved the win. The other games were awesome, but nowhere near as artistic and unique as yours.

Bring something out for the Wii! Auditorium would be so sweet on there. The system is practically made for it. 🙂

16. zachary says:

Hey guys well done congrats on the award ive been following the game for so long im happy to hear its finally getting teh recognition it deserves. Not to diminish that at all and im sure youve been hearing this left and right but you guys gotta bring it to the iphone – with the accelorameter and even micophone features im sure you guys can do some really cool stuff with it just dont rush it out take the time you guys need like you did with the original auditorium. again congrats!

17. Burton says:

Congrats guys on your win and welcome to Twitter! I definitely used Twitter to spread the word about your game during the competition.

Keep up the inspiring work.

-Burton

18. Densityduck says:

Don’t listen to the HD fetishists; this is the sort of game the Wii was made to play.

Although I’m tapping this on my iPod right now, and I really wish I could go play Auditorium…

1. […] lot of you have been wondering: whatever happened to that contest we won? Wasn’t Auditorium supposed to be coming to platforms or […]