It’s over 1,000,000!

After literally weeks of waiting and hoping, we are incredibly proud to announce that Auditorium has passed 1,000,000 plays! I can’t tell you how excited we are to see our creation flourish. I also can’t tell you how proud we are of our server, which has withstood a constant flood of traffic from several Diggs, untold thousands of links, and the especially ridiculous outpouring of visitors from Penny Arcade and VGCats. Thanks to everyone who has played, and especially to those that have played more than once to see all the possibilities!

1. Simon says:

Haha! I have to congratulate you guys.
    It’s such an awesome game; it’s not surprising you got the million plays.
    I have to admit I come from VGCats, it’s a great comic by the way.

2. MalZenith says:

Congrats, guys!

I suppose spreading the word about such a great game worked, huh? Can’t wait for the iPhone version, assuming the PC version is a success.
    I myself came from Kotaku.

3. Simon says:

@ Rogan:

I like the idea of a DS version; it fits well the style, but also an Iphone version version is good. Too bad I can’t afford one.

4. Samuli says:

Just wanted to let you guys know that the good people from the Gamers With Jobs (www.gamerswithjobs.com) have been mentioning your game lately in their podcasts in a *very* positive manner. In fact, thats how I heard from it and now I can’t wait for the retail PC version. Although I’m pretty sure that the GWJ guys are subscribed to your mailing list, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to perhaps mail them when you want some more sweet press 🙂

Anyhow, I’m not pretending to tell you lads what you should or should not do, but just wanted to give you two thumbs up for making a really unique game – which is not easy in this day and age. I personally haven’t been this excited about a title in a good while (if you don’t count the 10 year wait for the next Fallout game…).

This game makes me want to go rob someone, just so I could afford one ’em sweet iPhones.

5. Simon says:

That makes 3 people without an/ that can’t afford an Iphone here.

Technology should be free for all…Like 2000$ drawing tablets; they should be free.

6. Master Roy Lee says:

I LOVE Auditorium. My life has been made richer by the creation of this game. I was struck by an idea, this game would be hella fun on a 6 foot Touchscreen! It’d be like Tai-chi with light and music 😀

7. Patrick says:

I tried resisting, but I just can’t, and it must be said…

IT’S OVER 9000!!!1

Ahem. Nice to know you’re getting the publicity you deserve!

@Simon:
    That would be the day, wouldn’t it? Perhaps we should all move to Russia and see if they’ll support that initative =D

8. Robin says:

So Auditorium is great, but you started out just wanting a little deal for the top of your web site. I notice the top of your blog is a really pretty/fun little smoke thing. Any chance for an interactive wallpaper/screen saver based on that? A full-screen version with random f/x while it’s being ignored but that lets you use your mouse like the one at the top of the blog does when you’re actively messing with it? ESC to quit out instead of just any mouse move, obviously.

Yeah, I know. I’m greedy. But when you find a company that makes such pretty, elegant things, you gotta grab what you can.

@Robin

Maybe the little experience on the top of this is meant to be a full game? Who knows, the world works in mysterious ways.

10. killerish says:

this game is so great! I can’t stop playing and when I am not at a computer I am thinking about. This is just the best 3.6 will be the death of me.

11. TheKbob says:

Great game and congrats on One Million hits. Keep it up. I shared this game with many a folk and saw this on PA, Kotaku, and VG Cats.

I liked your title so much, it is the first project I ever donated towards. I’m watching intently. I would love for you to not only produce an amazing PC game, but a PSP or DS (DS for control, PSP for power in portable space) full version of Auditorium… or maybe a PS3 PSN release which included the PSP, even!

Oh, see, I have bright dreams and hopes for you 😀 Can’t wait for more.

12. Another German guy says:

Thank you Dain and Will for this wonderful idea and a beautiful realization. (Is there a way to start where I stopped?)

To add some thoughts on further development to this comment list

I like the idea of playing it on a MS Surface machine with real buttons on the surface. The buttons could carry the symbol and with the fingertips you could inc or dec the circles.

Thx from germany for 4 hours of relaxed gameplay.

13. Brian says:

Beautiful game… I love that some of the solutions were more intuition, and there was more than one time where I sat there begging, “come on, come on, one more bar!!”. Looking forward to the full version, on whatever platforms you publish it on!!

14. Paul says:

This game needs to be on every console…ever.

Iphone, PSP, DS, PC, PS2, Xbox, gamecube, n64, ps1…ok, maybe not. Seriously though? I may need to get myself an iphone just for the opportunity to eventually play this wherever I go.

15. wii game says:

Great post, thanks a lot for the info – I dont really ever add comments in these things but found the post as a mistake. Great Stuff, I added you to my favorites!